Re: What do you think of STREAMS?

Dean Gaudet (dgaudet-list-linux-kernel@arctic.org)
Mon, 12 May 1997 18:22:46 -0700 (PDT)

Ditto for the Sybase releases on IRIX that required STREAMS. I found it
painful to have to install the svr4net package just to get the Sybase
clients to run. The same svr4net package that various SGI tech support
folk are known to have repeatedly say "do not use this unless you really
really have to". Sybase has found the light though and moved back to
sockets.

Dean