RE: For Alan Cox ...

From: David Schwartz (davids@webmaster.com)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 16:05:54 EST

> > > you're in ORBS. complain to your admin/ISP.
> >
> > ORBS is pretty much completely rogue at this point. If your
> mail server is
> > listed in ORBS, don't worry about it. It's the fools who choose
> to use ORBS
> > who are cutting themselves off.
>
> ORBS is a reliable testing service and is still the cut for about 30% of
> the spam I'd otherwise get. Most of the people who don't like
> ORBS are just
> poor or lazy sysadmins who can't keep their setup secure.
>
> It isn't _hard_ to telnet mail-abuse.org from each of your
> machines and check
> they pass the relay tester.

        I'm talking about the machines that are _not_ validated open mail relays
that are still in the database that claims to be of "validated open mail
relays". The administrators of ORBS are quite literally rogue and continue
to misrepresent their database as being of "validated open mail relays" when
it's actually a list of validated open mail relays and people who have
offended the sensitive people who maintain the list.

        DS