2.3.99-pre6-pre7 sync_page in remove_inode_page

From: Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 20:27:50 EST

It seems not necessary to me. unmap_buffer from flushpage is the mechanism
that is supposed to take care of clearing the dirty bit and to wait for
I/O completation (uplugging the device if necessary). If that wouldn't be
true then we would have visible corruption going on and we would be
reading a flood of fs corruption reports on l-k ;).

When we had the problem in the other way around (before turning on
unmap_underlying_metadata) we had visible reports on the list.

Note: if the sync_page is necessary for alien cases like NFS that's fine,
I'm not complaining the callback per se, just the ext2 implementation.

If I am missing something I'd appreciate if who did the change would
enlight me. BTW, doing run_task_queue() at such an high frequency is not
good even if necessary (unmap_buffer does it only when the buffer is
locked!) and I'd rather prefer to find an alternate solution if possile
since it will hurt both the truncate operation and it will screwup people
plugging of the I/O request queue.

Thanks,
Andrea