Re: ramfs questions

From: iehrenwald@earthlink.net
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 20:26:44 EST

> i managed to get the machine into am unusable, constantly swapping
> state, followed by lockup. several times; both when benchmarking

<AOL> Me Too! </AOL>

Yes, this is the exact same thing that happened to me. I wanted to use
128MB of my 256MB to capture video. I didn't think the RAM would be
filled so fast and suddenly the system is swapping so much it seems to
die. Heh, reminds me of that geek purity test thing. "Have you ever
swapped the swapper?"

                Ian Ehrenwald