Re: Tux 2 patents

From: Jeff V. Merkey (jmerkey@vger.timpanogas.org)
Date: Sat Oct 07 2000 - 12:04:05 EST

On Fri, Oct 06, 2000 at 09:11:44PM -0700, Marty Fouts wrote:
> I don't know a lawyer I would trust who would give free legal advice on a
> mailing list without the usual disclaimers.

You should go back and read the start of this thread. I've hired an
IP Patent attorney to handle the Tux 2 Patent issue, and will be posting
his analysis back to this community. I have forwarded Daniel's
designs and the specific patents and we are performing an infringement
analysis.

I think it's great that the USPTO has a website, but it's no subsitute
for "real" legal help to folks on this list.

Jeff