Re: [Fwd: Dual Celery on BP6]

Taso Hatzi (taso@esands.com)
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 21:28:30 +0000

Ted Sikora wrote:

> is what's really wrong. My system for example with 2x400 is currently
> running at 2x533 with kernel-2.2.14pre15 and FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE
> perfectly. I run 2 SETI@home sessions nightly too. If I do a dmesg with
> kernel-2.2.33 I get the error but it still runs fine.

You are missing the point here. Just because your board runs
ok doesn't mean that you can dismiss everyone who has reported
a problem as technically imcompetent. Say half the reports are
due to incompetent owners - that still leaves a large number
of real problems. And remember, a lot of the s/w running on
these boards doesn't report the error, eg. NT, pre 2.3 Linux.

What we don't know is, are occasional APIC errors 'normal',
or is it a sign that something is not right with the board.