Re: [Fwd: Dual Celery on BP6]

Ted Sikora (tsikora@home.com)
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 18:54:32 -0500

Taso Hatzi wrote:

> Ted Sikora wrote:
> >
> > is what's really wrong. My system for example with 2x400 is currently
> > running at 2x533 with kernel-2.2.14pre15 and FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE
> > perfectly. I run 2 SETI@home sessions nightly too. If I do a dmesg with
> > kernel-2.2.33 I get the error but it still runs fine.
> >

> You are missing the point here. Just because your board runs
> ok doesn't mean that you can dismiss everyone who has reported
> a problem as technically imcompetent. Say half the reports are
> due to incompetent owners - that still leaves a large number
> of real problems. And remember, a lot of the s/w running on
> these boards doesn't report the error, eg. NT, pre 2.3 Linux.

That was not my intention. No, no, we have been discussing this for
several days and for myself I am saying (my) board seems to have no
mechanical or hardware problems. It may very well be that.
I just built a FreeBSD kernel with debugging enabled perhaps that will
turn up something.

> What we don't know is, are occasional APIC errors 'normal',
> or is it a sign that something is not right with the board.

Exactly. I emailed ABit about this and I am waiting to see if they are
aware of this or maybe they have a solution at hand.

> -

Ted Sikora
Jtl Development Group
tsikora@powerusersbbs.com