Re: RasterMan on linux and threads

Mon, 20 Dec 1999 22:03:05 +0100

Richard Gooch wrote:
> Marcin Dalecki writes:
> > raster@rasterman.com wrote:
> > > -> Thank's Lord! Finally someone out there with a spelling even
> > > -> worser then myself!!
> > > i try hard - it takes a lot of effort :)
> >
> > Nothing you should be proud about. You are at a level where
> > it hurts the eye during reading.
>
> You're being insulting. Not just once, but twice. Is this really
> necessary, especially in public? Raster could have flamed back after
> the first comment, but he didn't. So you had to keep pushing?!?

Thank you Richard. Many people, including very intelligent and literate
people have difficulty spelling. There's a whole branch of psychology
to study the phenomenon. We just observed that some people are
sensitive to bad spelling too.

Marcin's words seem insulting but may be a simple misunderstanding.
Rasterman's words could be interpreted as "i try hard to spell badly"
(because I think it's k3wl), or "i try hard to spell properly and it
takes me a lot of effort".

If anyone feels insulted by this message, don't be. I wanted to raise
awareness of these simple misunderstandings, that is all.

<divine love to y'all>
-- Jamie