Re: the joy of scsi headers and glibc...

CaT (cat@zip.com.au)
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 00:25:48 +1100

On Sun, Nov 07, 1999 at 02:07:19PM +0100, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

> > Ok. this is beginning to confuse me.
> > glibc install:
>
> > Note that `/usr/include/net' and `/usr/include/scsi' should *not* be
> > symlinks into the kernel sources. GNU libc provides its own versions
> > of these files.
>
> > kernel docs:
> You mean Documentation/scsi-generic?

Yes. I remembered seeing something about this softlink before and went
to look for it today. I also remembered that glibc supplied it's own and
welll... am now going blub... blub... blub... :)

> I don't understand why people write such documentation without
> contacting the glibc developers first. I've never seen such a request
> from anybody regarding the scsi subdirectory.
>
> Instead of writing such lines, it would be better to try to find a
> general solution. I kindly ask the author of this docu to get in
> contact with me and tell me exactly the existing problems so that we
> can fix this in glibc.

Hope this gets fixed. One way or the other. This confusion has currently
disabled my burner... it thinks it's off and wont eject or enything. :)

--
CaT (cat@zip.com.au)                       URL: http://www.zip.com.au/dev/null

'He had position, but I was determined to score.' -- Worf, DS9, Season 5: 'Let He Who Is Without Sin...'