Re: the joy of scsi headers and glibc...

Andreas Jaeger (aj@suse.de)
07 Nov 1999 14:07:19 +0100

> Ok. this is beginning to confuse me.
> glibc install:

> Note that `/usr/include/net' and `/usr/include/scsi' should *not* be
> symlinks into the kernel sources. GNU libc provides its own versions
> of these files.

> kernel docs:
You mean Documentation/scsi-generic?

I don't understand why people write such documentation without
contacting the glibc developers first. I've never seen such a request
from anybody regarding the scsi subdirectory.

Instead of writing such lines, it would be better to try to find a
general solution. I kindly ask the author of this docu to get in
contact with me and tell me exactly the existing problems so that we
can fix this in glibc.

Andreas

--
 Andreas Jaeger