Re: Can't play audio CDs in 2.3.1x (NOT the check_media_type thing)

Jens Axboe (axboe@image.dk)
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 02:18:41 +0200

On Thu, Sep 23 1999, David S. Miller wrote:
> I haven't followed this thread very closely, so I may be putting my
> foot in my mouth, but in order to use any of the CD players I use I

You may be, look at the subject line :).

> put the following into my bootup scripts for 2.3.x (and I think the
> change made to the cdrom driver which causes this problem is
> *completely* stupid since it breaks nearly every CD player
> application):
>
> echo "0" >/proc/sys/drivers/cdrom/check_media

It's been a lost battle, not just for 2.3 but all the way from
2.1. The change was reverted here some time ago, and that goes
for the ac series as well.

--
*  Jens Axboe <axboe@image.dk>
*  Linux CD-ROM Maintainer