Re: Can't play audio CDs in 2.3.1x (NOT the check_media_type thing)

David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 17:06:29 -0700

Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 23:55:15 +0100 (BST)
From: Mike <mike@oxlug.org>

> you try the latest ac patch or grab the sep14 from my page - it
> contains some CD-ROM upgrades, I'd just like to be sure that I'm
> not chasing a bug that doesn't exist in my tree.

sep14.diff doesn't make any difference to the problem.

I haven't followed this thread very closely, so I may be putting my
foot in my mouth, but in order to use any of the CD players I use I
put the following into my bootup scripts for 2.3.x (and I think the
change made to the cdrom driver which causes this problem is
*completely* stupid since it breaks nearly every CD player
application):

echo "0" >/proc/sys/drivers/cdrom/check_media

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com