Re: 1000ms delay in networking stack or driver, new bug?

Stephen D. WIlliams (sdw@lig.net)
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 12:13:13 +0000

I am not using a Linux box to do anything directly with ISDN: I have an
external ISDN router doing dhcp/NAT.

It has been pointed out that it might be my pcmcia drivers, I'm using
pcmcia-cs-3.0.13, or the fact that I'm using pump (which apparently has bugs
compared to dhcpcd, the client daemon).

Can anyone having this problem let me know if they are not using pcmcia and
pump? What about anyone not using dhcp but using a fixed ip address?

It was also suggested that this problem may indicate that an interrupt was
missed from the ethernet card and that a 1 sec polling mode has been activated.

sdw

--
OptimaLogic - Finding Optimal Solutions     Web/Crypto/OO/Unix/Comm/Video/DBMS
sdw@lig.net   Stephen D. Williams  Senior Consultant/Architect   http://sdw.st