Re: 1000ms delay in networking stack or driver, new bug?

David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 09:53:45 -0700

Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 10:49:19 -0500 (CDT)
From: Oliver Xymoron <oxymoron@waste.org>

On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, Stephen D. WIlliams wrote:

> It has been pointed out that it might be my pcmcia drivers, I'm
> using pcmcia-cs-3.0.13, or the fact that I'm using pump (which
> apparently has bugs compared to dhcpcd, the client daemon).

I've seen this after restarting networking with
/etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart. Redhat 6, hand-compiled
2.2.1[012] kernel, with nothing fancy except firewalling. I'v also
seen multiples of seconds up to 5 and 6.

Do I sense that the common denominator in this problem is that some
form of DHCP/pump/whatever is being used? If that is common amongst
everyone seeing this problem, it would be nice to know.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com