Re: [linux-tr] SysKonnect driver broken in new kernels?

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 07:47:07 +0200 (MEST)

Alan Cox wrote:
> > Nothing in sktr.c has changed since 16Jun1998 (driver v1.01). The version
>
> Well netif_rx is supposed to pass a packet up to the higher layers. The
> board seems to be claling this. It also sets skb->protocol before hand
> which is correct. The only thing I can't see is who sets skb->dev. It might
> be adding skb->dev = dev before the netif_rx makes life happy - try it can
> you ?

It's been quite some time since I last looked deeply into a networking
driver, but wasn't dev_alloc_skb setting hte dev field?

The token ring layer in Linux used to be pretty ibmtr oriented. That
has been corrected. I think that was longer than a year ago, but I'm
not sure.

Roger.

------ Microsoft SELLS you Windows, Linux GIVES you the whole house ------