Re: Turning lucent winmodem into soundcard

Sun, 19 Sep 1999 23:29:44 +0200

Pavel Machek wrote:
> > I'll add that it doesn't support all Lucent winmodems yet -- just
> > the Toshiba laptop ones and any compatibles.
>
> BTW it probably does. Richard has other model than we do, that means
> that 0.0.7 code was known to work on at least two models. Then there
> was third person, I think he got thinkpad 600, who tried that too and
> it worked for him (modulo some glitches, like interfering with his
> pcmcia modem :-).

> Surely jamie.c will not with anything that is not toshiba because it
> has 0x1c00 portbase hardcoded. ltmodem-0.0.7 does not have that
> problem.

jamie.c now has plenty of non-Toshiba code, which I have not tested.
There are many differences in programming the codec, only a few in
programming the DSP.

FWIW, the non-Toshiba code does not work on my Toshiba, so the
differences are important.

jamie.c now has much more vendor-specific homologation data also. I am
amazed at how much there is. I need to finish PCI ID tables and things
like that before the vendor-specific homologation will trigger.

-- Jamie