Re: Linux vs Microsoft

Lawrence MacIntyre (lpz@ornl.gov)
Sat, 17 Oct 1998 14:42:37 -0400

This is for sure. I just installed Lose 95 on a Toshiba Equium, and I
had to download video drivers from S3, audio drivers from Cirrus Logic,
and ethernet drivers from Intel. Your basic newbie isn't going to be
able to do that. When/If KOffice can import/export MS Office files, or
Caldera gets their stuff for Linux done, I'm going to have a Microsoft
disk bonfire:-))

Lawrence ~ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Lawrence MacIntyre Oak Ridge National Laboratory 423.574.8696 lpz@ornl.gov http://www.epm.ornl.gov/~lpz lpz@nautique.cind.ornl.gov