Re: 2.1.99 sends ULTRIX death packets

fletch1@eecs.mit.edu
Fri, 1 May 1998 11:48:51 -0400

David S. Miller (davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com) wrote:

> We do want to be that evil if the bug is what I think it is, that
> Ultrix crashes when it encounters unknown TCP options, such as the
> rfc1323 and SACK stuff we implement these days.

Possible, since the particular machine in question is running Ultrix
4.2a and will get turned off before it ever gets upgraded.

> Is Ultrix even maintained these days? Just curious...

No. Ultrix 4.5 was the last version released around 3 years ago.

Myron Freeman voice: 617-253-4650
Computer Systems Manager fax: 617-258-7354
MIT EECS ECF email: fletch1@eecs.mit.edu
77 Mass Ave.
Mailstop 38-376
Cambridge, MA 02139