Re: Reproducible crash under 2.1.86 [solved and fixed]

Andrea Arcangeli (arcangeli@mbox.queen.it)
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 00:20:20 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

>> > Please Tuomo test this patch against 2.1.86 (sould work fine also against
>> > 2.1.87). This patch fix fine all my locks.
>>
>> Well well, i applied this and the other also. Booted, tested, it seemed to
>> be working fine. However, i left it running the mpg123 and ls -loop, and
>> went to kitchen, when i returned it was fsck'ng :(
>
>if turning dma on and off crashes your box then frequency reductions will only
>help not save you

The patch really works for me. I tried an userlevel program that after
iopl() start in a loop that enable/disable dma but nothing happen. Maybe
the lock happen because the device was again working in dma whan we run
disable_dma()?

Andrea[s] Arcangeli