Re: Developing under NDA

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 08:55:23 +0200 (MET DST)

Hans-Joachim Baader wrote:

> In article <199707300440.GAA25297@informatik.uni-koblenz.de> you write:
> >> Just curious...I'd like to develop a driver for the Ricoh MP6200S CD-RW
> >> drive, which does packet writing. The programming info requires an NDA,
> >> so it cannot be distributed in source form.
> >>
> >> What do I have to worry about from the kernel and GNU camps?
> >
> >Remind me not to buy a Ricoh MP6200S CD-RW drive :-)
>
> Remind me not to by *any* Ricoh products at all, until the NDA is
> removed.
>
> Of course, nobody wants to stop Andrew from writing this driver -
> perhaps he wants to make a living from it - but I predict it won't
> get many customers as long as the NDA persists.

Do you have problems with the Intel Etherexpress 16 driver?
(Usually found in /usr/src/linux/drivers/net/eexpress.c)

I was trying to get that thing to work reliably, so I signed an NDA
with Intel. I won't publish the docs, but I was allowed to publish the
source, but someone beat me to fixing it right....

Roger.