Re: Patches for 2.1.40

Matthias Urlichs (smurf@work.smurf.noris.de)
30 May 1997 09:23:26 +0200

"Pawel S. Veselov" <vps@beta.niimm.spb.su> writes:

> If monitor reads from only one pin it is broken. And there is no problem to
> make color mixer on video output by hand.

Some people (like me) have B/W monitors with sync-on-green, connected to
the "green" pin. Why should I go to the trouble to make a new cable, with
worse signal quality, just because some Linux freak wants to push funny
colors on everybody? ;-)

Just make it optional.

--
Diskson's Rule of 49: The comfort of turning 49 is the realization that you
are now too old to die young.