Re: Mailing lists <-> news gateway mixup?

David Hinds (dhinds@hyper.stanford.edu)
29 Mar 1997 00:15:41 GMT

Marc MERLIN (marc_merlin@magic.metawire.com) wrote:
: On 28 Mar 1997 10:03:06 -0500, Neal Becker <neal@ctd.comsat.com> wrote:
: >About 75% of the stuff being posted to this list has nothing to do
: >with linux kernel. Can we please stop using this as a place to ask
: >arbitrary sorts of linux question? I understand that sometimes one
: >isn't sure if a problem is kernel-related, but we've gone way beyond
: >that.

: Actually I thing that some gateway is coughing somewhere. Is looks like some
: lists are mixed up.
: I read this on the linux.dev.kernel side and I hardly see any kernel related
: messages (I wonder if I'm missing any. I did see the announcement from Linus
: about 2.1.30 though), but I mostly get messages that seem to be geared
: towards other lists...

Hmmm, it looks like you're right. Looking at the headers for various
off-topic messages, there are things like:

> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 08:55:30 -0800
> Sender: owner-linux-x11@vger.rutgers.edu

-- Dave