Mailing lists <-> news gateway mixup?

Marc MERLIN (marc_merlin@magic.metawire.com)
28 Mar 1997 23:49:15 GMT

On 28 Mar 1997 10:03:06 -0500, Neal Becker <neal@ctd.comsat.com> wrote:
>About 75% of the stuff being posted to this list has nothing to do
>with linux kernel. Can we please stop using this as a place to ask
>arbitrary sorts of linux question? I understand that sometimes one
>isn't sure if a problem is kernel-related, but we've gone way beyond
>that.

Actually I thing that some gateway is coughing somewhere. Is looks like some
lists are mixed up.
I read this on the linux.dev.kernel side and I hardly see any kernel related
messages (I wonder if I'm missing any. I did see the announcement from Linus
about 2.1.30 though), but I mostly get messages that seem to be geared
towards other lists...

Can howewer is taking care of gateways check to see if anything is wrong?

Thanks,
Marc

--
Home page: http://www.efrei.fr/~merlin/ (browser friendly)