Now, why didn't we think of this before?

Miguel de Icaza (miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx)
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 14:05:50 -0600

And I wonder, why were we ever concerned about speed issues?

Miguel.

Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 10:16:50 -0800 (PST)
From: "W. Reilly Cooley" <wcooley@navi.net>
To: mach4-users@cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: Portability

I had an idea for an interesting project, which would provide
remarkable portability: A Java VM server for a Mach4 MK, which could then
run Sun's JavaOS, or any other OS written in Java. Considering that
JavaOS is not free, it would perhaps be a good excuse to implement the
Linux kernel in Java, as had been thrown around a bit. This second
project could draw also from the work done on MkLinux.

Maybe when I return to school and have more time...

What do you think?

Wil

W. Reilly Cooley
NakedApe Consulting & Navi.Net representative
1509 NE 10th Ave., #104 Portland, OR 97232
503 287-2165 wcooley@navi.net
www.navi.net/~wcooley www.navi.net/~nakedape

As a service, I provide analysis for viruses and poor grammar to senders
of unsolicited commercial e-mail at a rate of US$250 per hour. Delivery of
said correspondence constitutes a request for the aforementioned services
at said price.