Re: [GIT PULL] gfs2 fixes

From: Andreas Grünbacher
Date: Tue Nov 07 2023 - 17:18:50 EST

Am Di., 7. Nov. 2023 um 21:31 Uhr schrieb Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Tue, 7 Nov 2023 at 06:22, Andreas Gruenbacher <agruenba@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > please consider pulling the following gfs2 fixes.
>
> You are officially on my shit-list for
>
> (a) claiming it's fixes
>
> (b) apparently lying about that fact to make it appear that it's ok
> that this wasn't in linux-next and was committed within the last few
> days
>
> about half of the commits in that pull request are very recent,
> weren't in linux-next when the merge window started, and while a
> couple of of them are fixes, most of them are just minor cleanups.
>
> DON'T LIE ABOUT THINGS. It only annoys the hell out of me when I
> notice that somebody was trying to pull wool over my eyes.

I apologize for referring to the entire set of commits as fixes when
it's really fixes and various other things. I've said so in the tag
description, but I realize now that that's not good enough. Lying
about what those commits are wasn't my intention though.

And I apologize for the last -minute changes. There is one commit that
removes a single line of dead code which could easily have waited. The
rest are fixes, but they should have been completed much sooner.
That's entirely my fault.

> I've pulled this and I'll let it be (because I already merged other
> stuff on top), but dammit, just be honest about what happened, don't
> try to claim this is somehow "fixes" and thus ok to not have gone
> through linux-next.
>
> Or, better yet, get your ducks actually lined up before the merge window.
>
> Linus

Thanks,
Andreas