Re: [GIT PULL] gfs2 fixes

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Nov 07 2023 - 15:31:01 EST

On Tue, 7 Nov 2023 at 06:22, Andreas Gruenbacher <agruenba@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> please consider pulling the following gfs2 fixes.

You are officially on my shit-list for

(a) claiming it's fixes

(b) apparently lying about that fact to make it appear that it's ok
that this wasn't in linux-next and was committed within the last few
days

about half of the commits in that pull request are very recent,
weren't in linux-next when the merge window started, and while a
couple of of them are fixes, most of them are just minor cleanups.

DON'T LIE ABOUT THINGS. It only annoys the hell out of me when I
notice that somebody was trying to pull wool over my eyes.

I've pulled this and I'll let it be (because I already merged other
stuff on top), but dammit, just be honest about what happened, don't
try to claim this is somehow "fixes" and thus ok to not have gone
through linux-next.

Or, better yet, get your ducks actually lined up before the merge window.

Linus