Re: MMC: Make the configuration memory resource optional

From: Guennadi Liakhovetski
Date: Thu Jul 30 2009 - 06:56:38 EST

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009, Ian Molton wrote:

> Ok I've spent some time thinking on this.
>
> There is _no_ clean solution at present and Im not happy with having more than
> one clocking system co-existing in the mmc driver.
>
> I will produce a patch to completely remove all clocking and power control
> from the driver and make it use callbacks in order to achieve this. This will
> leave us with a clean driver that will be simple to adapt to the clock API.
>
> I wont have time to work on it until next week, however, so if anyone wants to
> take a stab at it in the meantime, feel free to do so, and I'll review it next
> week.

While you're at it, please, consider swapping the two lines in
tmio_mmc_probe():

- tmio_mmc_clk_stop(host);
reset(host);
+ tmio_mmc_clk_stop(host);

Otherwise, I think, reset causes problems trying to access the controller
with disabled clock. At least this is needed on SuperH.

Thanks
Guennadi
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.