Re: [GIT]: Networking

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Sat Jun 14 2008 - 12:40:32 EST

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 10:16:56 +0200
Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> ok, should we then remove that warning, if it's spurious?
> kerneloops.org has picked up a few other instances of this warning as
> well:
>
> http://www.kerneloops.org/searchfile.php?search=net%2Fsched%2Fsch_generic.c&btnG=Filename+Search

the interesting thing is that there is a clear bias on which drivers
are tripping this (r8169 is top when I counted yesterday, with sis900
second and then a long tail of nothing) that I think the WARN_ON() is
useful in addition to the always-there printk. Eg it does help in seeing
which driver is most likely to trigger this.
(Andrew also thought this would trigger a *LOT*, so far it's only a
rather modest amount, but it's waiting for Fedora or others to ship a
kernel with this in to be sure)

--
If you want to reach me at my work email, use arjan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
visit http://www.lesswatts.org