ds.o: init_module: Operation not permitted (no socket drivers loaded)

From: George Nychis
Date: Sat May 27 2006 - 01:38:23 EST

Hey guys,

I have a prism card that I would like to get working with my 2.4.32
kernel. I installed pcmcia-cs and removed pcmcia support from the
kernel, i am not sure if this was the right decision, if not please tell me.

So after installing pcmcia_cs, i boot and modprobe pcmcia_core and
hostap, then i try to modprobe hostap_cs and i get:

[root@emu-5 hostap-driver-0.4.9]# modprobe hostap_cs
/lib/modules/2.4.32/pcmcia/ds.o: init_module: Operation not permitted
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg

So of course I dmesg:
ds: no socket drivers loaded!

I can successfully get the card to work in my 2.6.9 kernel, here is my
lsmod... the only thing i see different is the yenta_socket which I am
not sure of:
[root@emu-5 ~]# lsmod
Module Size Used by
parport_pc 24705 1
lp 11565 0
parport 41737 2 parport_pc,lp
autofs4 24005 0
i2c_dev 10433 0
i2c_core 22081 1 i2c_dev
sunrpc 160421 1
hostap_cs 62656 3
hostap 117132 1 hostap_cs
ds 16965 3 hostap_cs
button 6481 0
battery 8517 0
ac 4805 0
md5 4033 1
ipv6 232577 10
yenta_socket 18753 1
pcmcia_core 59913 3 hostap_cs,ds,yenta_socket
uhci_hcd 31449 0
ehci_hcd 31557 0
snd_intel8x0 34829 0
snd_ac97_codec 64401 1 snd_intel8x0
snd_pcm_oss 47609 0
snd_mixer_oss 17217 1 snd_pcm_oss
snd_pcm 97993 2 snd_intel8x0,snd_pcm_oss
snd_timer 29765 1 snd_pcm
snd_page_alloc 9673 2 snd_intel8x0,snd_pcm
gameport 4801 1 snd_intel8x0
snd_mpu401_uart 8769 1 snd_intel8x0
snd_rawmidi 26725 1 snd_mpu401_uart
snd_seq_device 8137 1 snd_rawmidi
snd 54053 9
snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_mpu401_uart,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq_device
soundcore 9889 1 snd
tg3 85445 0
dm_snapshot 17029 0
dm_zero 2369 0
dm_mirror 23341 2
ext3 116809 2
jbd 74969 1 ext3
dm_mod 54741 6 dm_snapshot,dm_zero,dm_mirror
ata_piix 8389 2
libata 40005 1 ata_piix
sd_mod 16961 3
scsi_mod 118417 2 libata,sd_mod