Re: [OT] 8-port AHCI SATA Controller?

From: Lennart Sorensen
Date: Tue Jan 31 2006 - 11:37:41 EST

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 12:53:43PM +0100, Sander wrote:
> I'm looking for an 8-port SATA controller based on the AHCI chipset, as
> according to http://linux.yyz.us/sata/sata-status.html#vendor_support
> this chipset is completely open.

Hmm, I am not sure what the specs of AHCI are. Not sure if it supports
2 or 4 or more ports. The only controllers I have seen that run more
than 4 ports, are some raid cards, such as 3ware and areca. 3ware has
had linux support for years, and areca is getting there. Both of those
make 12+ port cards, which can run in JBOD mode.

Len Sorensen