Re: 2.6.12-rc3-mm2 - kswapd0 keeps running

From: Damir Perisa
Date: Fri May 06 2005 - 13:16:48 EST

Le Monday 02 May 2005 20:14, Andrew Morton a écrit :
> hm.  I wonder why you had any cachefs pages anyway.  Is the sysrq-P
> trace always the same?

ok, now after collecting the data after a lot of "sysrq-p" after a lot
times running into the same 100% of kswapd0, i am sure: it's always the
same trouble.

it's also reproducable with rc3-mm3

> Does disabling cachefs in kerel config fix it?

it seems so, yes. now i'm running rc3-mm3 with disabled cachefs (config
can be found at [1]) for more than 6 hours (also under heavy I/O on
harddrives) and it is still behaving normal - no running kswapd0 any more
(kswapd0 finally managed to find some sleep ;-) )

greetings,

Damir

[1] :
http://cvs.archlinux.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/kernels/kernel26mm/config?rev=1.20&cvsroot=Extra&only_with_tag=CURRENT&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

--
"Protozoa are small, and bacteria are small, but viruses are smaller
than the both put together."