Re: Processes stuck on D state on Dual Opteron

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Mon Apr 11 2005 - 01:39:51 EST

Claudio Martins wrote:
On Sunday 10 April 2005 03:47, Andrew Morton wrote:

Suggest you boot with `nmi_watchdog=0' to prevent the nmi watchdog from
cutting in during long sysrq traces.

Also, capture the `sysrq-m' output so we can see if the thing is out of
memory.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the tip. I booted with nmi_watchdog=0 and was able to get a full sysrq-t as well as a sysrq-m. Since it might be a little too big for the list, I've put it on a text file at:

http://193.136.132.235/dl145/dump1-2.6.12-rc2.txt

I also made a run with the mempool-can-fail patch from Nick Piggin. With this I got some nice memory allocation errors from the md threads when the trouble started. The dump (with sysrq-t and sysrq-m included) is at:

http://193.136.132.235/dl145/dump2-2.6.12-rc2-nick1.txt

Let me know if you find it more convenient to send the dumps by mail or something. Hope this helps.

Itried to get these just now, but couldn't.

Would you gzip them and send them to me privately?

Thanks,
Nick

--
SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.