Re: Processes stuck on D state on Dual Opteron

From: Claudio Martins
Date: Sun Apr 10 2005 - 21:17:23 EST

On Sunday 10 April 2005 03:47, Andrew Morton wrote:

> Suggest you boot with `nmi_watchdog=0' to prevent the nmi watchdog from
> cutting in during long sysrq traces.
>
> Also, capture the `sysrq-m' output so we can see if the thing is out of
> memory.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the tip. I booted with nmi_watchdog=0 and was able to get a full
sysrq-t as well as a sysrq-m. Since it might be a little too big for the
list, I've put it on a text file at:

http://193.136.132.235/dl145/dump1-2.6.12-rc2.txt

I also made a run with the mempool-can-fail patch from Nick Piggin. With this
I got some nice memory allocation errors from the md threads when the trouble
started. The dump (with sysrq-t and sysrq-m included) is at:

http://193.136.132.235/dl145/dump2-2.6.12-rc2-nick1.txt

Let me know if you find it more convenient to send the dumps by mail or
something. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Claudio