ELSA 0.3 Released

From: Guillaume Thouvenin
Date: Mon Nov 29 2004 - 05:05:49 EST

Hello,

ELSA is an Enhanced Linux System Accounting. We propose a solution
for managing groups of processes without kernel modifications. We
provide a per-job accounting instead of the classical per-process
accounting. Work can be split into the following parts :

1. A LSM hook
2. A kernel module
3. A user space daemon
4. Per-process accounting informations (external like
BSD-accounting)
5. A user space application

ChangeLog:

In this version we removed the kernel patch. Instead, we use a LSM
hook to be informed when a process creates a child. We don't know if LSM
is the right framework but, as there is only this solution in the
official Linux kernel tree, we use it.

All informations to download and install ELSA 0.3 are available on the
ELSA website

http://elsa.sourceforge.net

Every comments and feedbacks are welcome,
Best regards,

The ELSA Team.