Re: Another trivial orinoco update

From: David Gibson
Date: Wed Nov 03 2004 - 20:47:59 EST

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 10:17:38PM +0100, Francois Romieu wrote:
> David Gibson <hermes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> :
> [...]
> > This patch alters the convention with which orinoco_lock() is invoked
> > in the orinoco driver. This should cause no behavioural change, but
> > reduces meaningless diffs between the mainline and CVS version of the
> > driver. Another small step towards a merge.
>
> Afaics orinico_lock returns a nice status code. Let alone the merge
> argument (which could be solved in the CVS tree as well), is there a
> technical reason for this patch ?

orinoco_lock() only ever returns either 0 or -EBUSY, so it's
essentially boolean. There's no reason to expect it would ever return
anything else. Using it in if statements directly removes a few lines
of code, removes the need for a few extra 'err' variables, and makes
things slightly neater in the case where just propagating the -EBUSY
up isn't the right thing to do. It's no big deal, but we did make
this change in CVS for a reason.

--
David Gibson | For every complex problem there is a
david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au | solution which is simple, neat and
http://www.ozlabs.org/people/dgibson