Re: code bloat [was Re: Semaphore assembly-code bug]

From: Diego Calleja
Date: Mon Nov 01 2004 - 09:53:37 EST

El Sun, 31 Oct 2004 12:53:21 -0800 Z Smith <plinius@xxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> But not everyone can tolerate today's level of bloat.

Sadly it's true, but in the other hand I haven't seen something like gnome/kde
which don't eats lots of resources (mac os x and XP are not better, beos was
better they say), which makes me think that building a desktop environment
without eating lots of resources is not easy. Well, and your projct is also
bloat in some ways...it's small and all that but putting a graphics system
inside the kernel is one of the best definitions of "bloat" you can find...