Re: Fchown on unix domain sockets?

From: John M Collins
Date: Mon Nov 01 2004 - 09:52:50 EST

On Monday 01 Nov 2004 14:20, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

> As some manpage might say, the socket thing you see in "ls -l" is just a
> reference thing. When you connect to it, ls -l /proc/pidofprogram/fd/ does
> not show the path, but [socket:xxxx] which shows that the filesystem object
> is not used anymore.

When I connect to it is the point. I want to set the permissions etc so that
only the progams that are supposed to be talking to it talk to it.

> >I don't mind it not working but I think it should report an error. This is
> > on 2.6.3 kernel.
>
> What would you like it to do? EINVAL like the others or change the actual
> inode's permission?

I don't mind. I think it's a meaninful thing to want to do, but if you can't
do it that way, fine, just let me know with some error code.

--
John Collins Xi Software Ltd www.xisl.com