Re: single linked list header in kernel?

From: Chris Friesen
Date: Wed Oct 13 2004 - 13:57:44 EST

Matthias Urlichs wrote:

I dunno, though -- open-coding a singly-linked list isn't that much of a
problem; compared to a doubly-linked one, there's simply fewer things that
can go horribly wrong. :-/

True. This is likely why it hasn't yet been done.

I wonder how many places use the double-linked lists because they're there, not because they actually need them. If its significant, there could be some space savings due to only needing one pointer rather than two.

Chris