Re: single linked list header in kernel?

From: Matthias Urlichs
Date: Wed Oct 13 2004 - 13:28:08 EST

Hi, Chris Friesen wrote:

> There are various places where there are open-coded single-linked list
> implementations. This would just unify them to a single implementation. On a
> previous occasion, someone estimated 42 instances where slist_for_each() could
> be used in net/core alone.

So, if that bothers you, you should write a generic SLL, and convert a
couple of existing singly-linked lists to it as a proof-of-concept.

I dunno, though -- open-coding a singly-linked list isn't that much of a
problem; compared to a doubly-linked one, there's simply fewer things that
can go horribly wrong. :-/

--
Matthias Urlichs | {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de | smurf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx