Re: single linked list header in kernel?

From: Tonnerre
Date: Wed Oct 13 2004 - 19:24:53 EST

Salut,

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 12:55:10PM -0600, Chris Friesen wrote:
> I wonder how many places use the double-linked lists because they're there,
> not because they actually need them. If its significant, there could be
> some space savings due to only needing one pointer rather than two.

Actually, linked lists are mostly used in structure sets, which means
that one pointer more or less doesn't hurt too much, compared to an
O(N) overhead in certain edit actions on the list (prepending,
deleting, moving).

Seems that you can only write small *or* fast code. But that's no
news.

Tonnerre