Re: [patch] VP-2.6.9-rc4-mm1-T5

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 01:07:39 EST

* K.R. Foley <kr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >i've uploaded -T5 which should fix most of the build issues:
> >

> This fixed the build problems for me (SMP). I did get one unresolved
> symbol when building this with REALTIME enabled.

(which symbol was this?)

> [...] Also got error messages scrolling up the screen when I tried to
> boot it (looked very much like Mark's problem with T4) and it never
> made it. :( If I had to guess, it might be related to APICs? I always
> have to use "noapic" boot parameter. Ingo what are you running this
> on? I don't have the exact error messages, but I'm rebuilding it now
> to try to get those. Without RT Preemption it seems to be running very
> nicely.

dont worry about it not booting on your setup with PREEMPT_REALTIME, as
long as it boots with !PREEMPT_REALTIME - i only really converted my
testsystems which are basically IDE + e100/e1000/rtl8139, ext3 and the
bare minimum that is needed to run Fedora. It might be useful to send me
a bootlog if you have any easy way to capture it - if not it's not a big
problem either.

Ingo