Re: [patch] VP-2.6.9-rc4-mm1-T5

From: K.R. Foley
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 22:53:48 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:
* Mark_H_Johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxx <Mark_H_Johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I would have to say this is "very rough" at this point. I had the
following problems in the build:

i've uploaded -T5 which should fix most of the build issues:

This fixed the build problems for me (SMP). I did get one unresolved symbol when building this with REALTIME enabled. Also got error messages scrolling up the screen when I tried to boot it (looked very much like Mark's problem with T4) and it never made it. :( If I had to guess, it might be related to APICs? I always have to use "noapic" boot parameter. Ingo what are you running this on? I don't have the exact error messages, but I'm rebuilding it now to try to get those. Without RT Preemption it seems to be running very nicely.

kr