Re: lazy umount not working (udev & tmpfs on /dev)

From: viro
Date: Tue Oct 05 2004 - 09:33:37 EST

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 01:11:33PM +0300, Meelis Roos wrote:
> Hi, I'm running 2.6.9-rc3+BK (as of yesterday, 20041004) on a couple of
> x86 Debian unstable machines with udev and I'm having problems.
>
> In 2.6.3-rc2 all was OK. Don't know exactly about plain -rc3.
>
> In current BK, lazy umount is not working sometimes. udev start script
> mounts tmpfs on /dev and stop script does umount -l /dev. This doesn't
> return failure but nothing happens, /dev remain mounted and I can't

It might be not umount, actually - if you get double mount for any
reason, the first umount -l will strip the top layer, leaving whatever's
beneath it.

Could you add printk to sys_mount() and sys_umount(), so that
we could at least see which one is a problem? Just "called mount"/"called
umount", nothing fancy with arguments...