Re: bk-3.2.0 released

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 15:08:24 EST

On Wed, 19 May 2004 16:26:56 +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw said:
> On Wed, 2004-05-19 07:16:48 -0700, Larry McVoy <lm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote in message <20040519141648.GB18977@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > new version of a widely used tool is available? If someone posted that
> > there is a new version of gcc available is that off topic? =20
>
> Yes, it was. Even miscompilation reports are mostly OT, since they
> should go to GCC's bugzilla.

Given the number of times (it's well past non-zero) we've changed around kernel
source in order to work around a bug in one or another widely-distributed
release of gcc, I think miscompile reports *are* on topic.

I seem to remember that gcc 3.4 did oddness with inlining strcpy that resulted
in a source tweak to lib/strings.c not too long ago, as just one example...

And there was the "read/write constraints and registers" warning recently...

And there was.... you get the idea...