Re: Strange DMA-errors... (was: ...and system hang with Promise20268)

From: Sebastian
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 15:14:39 EST

Hi Sam,

Am Mi, den 19.05.2004 schrieb Sam Gill um 20:41:
> Have you tried changing the dma settings
>
> turn off dma

yes, it probably will help as DMA is currently on, however, that is not
an option as I need acceptable hard drive performance. As I said, the
system worked nicely until that kernel update. If no hardware failure is
causing this, it must be a change in the kernel. I will replace the hard
disk and see if the problem disappears.

Sebastian