Re: 2.6.6-rc1-mm1

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 01:43:55 EST

William Lee Irwin III <wli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 11:01:31PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.6-rc1/2.6.6-rc1-mm1/
> > - All of the anonmm rmap work is now merged up. No pte chains.
> > - Various cleanups and fixups, as usual.
> > - The list of external bk trees is getting a little short, due to problems
> > at bkbits.net. The ones which are here are not necessarily very up-to-date
> > with the various development trees.
>
> Okay, the cpumask_arith.h fixes aren't in here. What do I have to do to
> get the bare minimal correctness fixes in this area propagated to mainline?
>
> The important aspect of these is that they're pertinent to small SMP
> systems, for instance, the dual Pee Cee shenanigans with all kinds of pins
> clipped along with all the other things used in larger boxen castrated.

I confess to being moderately exhasperated at the amount of talk and
patching going on in the bitmap and cpumask areas. So when your patch
floated past with a terse description which was bristling with ifs, buts
and maybes I decided to take a pass.

If you want to send it again, cc'ing your co-conspirators and imparting some
confidence that this darned thing is actually meandering toward a conclusion,
please feel free ;)