Re: 2.6.6-rc1-mm1

From: William Lee Irwin III
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 01:51:17 EST

On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 11:42:14PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> I confess to being moderately exhasperated at the amount of talk and
> patching going on in the bitmap and cpumask areas. So when your patch
> floated past with a terse description which was bristling with ifs, buts
> and maybes I decided to take a pass.
> If you want to send it again, cc'ing your co-conspirators and imparting some
> confidence that this darned thing is actually meandering toward a conclusion,
> please feel free ;)

Quick story is that what I sent is (what I believe) to be the bare
minimum change to restore correctnes.

I'll start arguing with people to make sure bugfixes start moving and
cleanups start waiting.

Paul, please remove akpm from the cc: list in future replies until we
have come to a consensus and get this nailed down (hopefully ASAP) to
a coherent cross-vendor story.

What I believe I have sent is the bare minimum change, with no cleanups
or semantic changes. If you could review and/or send approval or the
like that would be very helpful for the users of small SMP systems who
are affected by the bug(s) you reported.

-- wli