RE: 2.6.6-rc1 caused dedicated Quake 3 server to core dump

From: Steve Lee
Date: Sat Apr 17 2004 - 20:15:03 EST

Ah, I meant to include that in my first email. It's the latest NVidia
driver 1.0-5336. I know, I know, but it's worked fine with 2.6.5 and all
previous. Also, just the dedicated quake 3 server core dumped, the quake 3
client running on the same machine did not crash. At the time of the crash,
there were four clients connected to the quake 3 server. I realize the
NVidia driver could have corrupted some memory some where else, but if
that's the case, I would have thought it would have shown this behavior
previous, and not just with 2.6.6-rc1. Unless of course, something in
2.6.6-rc1 specifically altered something the NVidia driver makes use of. I
guess. :-)

Steve