Re: 2.6.6-rc1 caused dedicated Quake 3 server to core dump

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Sun Apr 18 2004 - 00:13:50 EST

Steve Lee wrote:
Ah, I meant to include that in my first email. It's the latest NVidia
driver 1.0-5336. I know, I know, but it's worked fine with 2.6.5 and all
previous. Also, just the dedicated quake 3 server core dumped, the quake 3
client running on the same machine did not crash. At the time of the crash,
there were four clients connected to the quake 3 server. I realize the
NVidia driver could have corrupted some memory some where else, but if
that's the case, I would have thought it would have shown this behavior
previous, and not just with 2.6.6-rc1. Unless of course, something in
2.6.6-rc1 specifically altered something the NVidia driver makes use of. I
guess. :-)

Hi Steve,
Unfortuately the nvidia driver means nobody is likely to look
into your problem - it is just not a good use of their time.
It would be very helpful if you could try to reproduce the oops
without the nvidia driver loaded though.

It should be possible if the nvidia driver isn't the cause of
the problem.

Nick