Re: Cleanups for powernow-k8

From: Dominik Brodowski
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 04:31:55 EST

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 10:01:39AM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!

> > > Agreed. Function in a header file? Don't want the drivers attempting to
> > > call each other at runtime.
> >
> > Works for me, or shove it out into its own .c file, and have both drivers link against it.
>
> Would acpi parsing be usefull for non-amd systems, too?

The acpi "performance library", whether it uses the CONFIG_ACPI parser or
some small independent parser, is (at least) also useful for

- ACPI 2.0 P-States using I/O-port access [current
arch/i386/kernel/cpu/cpufreq/acpi.c driver -- it can be cleaned up by
that. In fact, I'm currently working on it.]

- speedstep-centrino driver [can use ACPI info instead of built-in tables]
[sample patch based on earlier acpi-perflib patch is in the cpufreq and
acpi-devel archives]

Dominik